UI/UX Research Description:
Responsible for conducting qualitative and quantitative research for the Digital Solutions team to assist our business partners to build and deliver leading-edge web/application solutions.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Identify appropriate research methodologies to address key business needs and to ensure the research provides clear actionable recommendations.
- Design studies to address both user behavior and attitudes while using qualitative and quantitative data to assist in the creation of effective, desirable and easy to use digital user interfaces.
- This may include surveys, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, card sorts, tree testing, intercept studies, focus groups, ethnographic field studies for both web and mobile experiences.
- Design, author and execute test plans, as well as evaluating the results for evidence based research to develop recommendations.
- Ability to manage 2-3 research projects.
- Requires a BA/BS in Human Computer Interactions, Psychology, Information Sciences, Communications or related field required; 3+ years of experience including 3-5 years working in user research/usability; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
UI/UX Research Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of work experience in statistical analysis, qualitative analysis, quantitative analysis, product usability moderating, experimental design, and test method selection. In addition,
- Must have had proven successful experience in the integration of consumer research into a business’s product design practice.
- Experience in product usability testing tools, for example Keynote.
- Experience related requirement, a UX Researcher candidate must display a strong comprehension of the strengths and limitations of the different research methods, inclusive of when and how to apply each in product/market/consumer analyses.
- Candidate possess excellent communication skills to be able to relay these research methodology concepts and findings to product department personnel and to other collaborating personnel in a clear, simple, and relatable manner.
- Candidate must possess an effective problem solving ability even under short notice. The UX Researcher must be able to come up with creative solutions and consider a variety of alternative solutions for each problem
- Candidate must show proficiency in Sketch, InDesign, Illustrator, Keynote and Photoshop computer software(s).
- Candidate must display a genuine passion for product-centric innovation; an ability to work well independently as well as with a team; must have a keen and exceptional attention to detail; and more importantly, an ability to identify root recommendations inspired by the consumers’ needs and behaviors.