Technical Writer Responsibilities:
Interprets technology by producing written descriptions and instructions.
Technical Writer Duties:
- Enhances staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information.
- Comprehends technology by observing production and use; interviewing engineers and designers; studying blueprints, sketches, drawings, specifications, parts lists, mock-ups, samples, etc.
- Prepares outline by organizing materials.
- Completes outline by composing language for nontechnical consumers.
- Verifies comprehension of technology and composition by testing description and instructions.
- Obtains approval of interpretation by submitting draft for approval.
- Maintains resource of technical writing by filing publications.
- Completes projects by coordinating with agencies and typing and printing services.
- Supports development of speeches, articles and news releases by preparing technical descriptions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Technical Writer Skills & Qualifications:
Deadline-Oriented, Independence, Research Skills, Organization, Attention to Detail, Technical Understanding, Word Processing , Analyzing Information , Help Authoring Tools, Technical Documentation, Administrative Writing Skills