Software Quality Assurance Engineer Responsibilities:
Determines software readiness by standardizing testing methods; coordinating software QA efforts.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer Duties:
- Develops standards and procedures by determining minimum requirements for production release; establishing escalation guidelines; communicating processes to development teams.
- Manages testing and release schedule by planning test cycles; tracking test results; informing development and testing teams of testing duties.
- Monitors regression, performance, and automated tests by gathering status; analyzing results; resolving testing issues.
- Prepares data sets by analyzes functional requirements; collects data for test cases.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing test results; making recommendations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer Skills & Qualifications:
Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, Automated Testing, Quality Management, Coordination, Time Management, Developing Standards, Software Testing, Software Quality Assurance Process, Process Improvement, Software Development Process