Sr. IT Project Manager Responsibilities:
Accomplishes project objectives by establishing project scope; designing and delivering solutions; managing client expectations; leading team members.
Sr. IT Project Manager Duties:
- Establishes project scope by studying strategic business drivers; discovering and validating business and technical requirements and parameters; advising client regarding technology trends related to business solutions; obtaining input from subject-matter experts; examining and recommending changes to current business practices; developing and writing proposals.
- Develops solution by formulating objectives; planning project life-cycle deliverables and resource availability and application; preparing installation and modification specifications; leading the exploration, evaluation, and design of technical solutions.
- Implements solution by monitoring project progress; tracking action items; conducting design and implementation reviews; examining, researching, and resolving issues; escalating issues to appropriate authority; responding to team members' concerns; following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements.
- Managing client expectations by building relationships; communicating project status and open issues; preparing reports; conducting reviews and issue meetings; discovering new issues.
- Prepares users by developing and conducting end-user training; mapping terminology and procedures to client's operating environment.
- Accomplishes work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching employees.
- Meets cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Reduces costs and increases serviceability by forwarding information systems solutions to organization knowledge database.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking technology and project management advances; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Sr. IT Project Manager Skills & Qualifications:
Software Project Management, Client Relationships, General Consulting Skills, People Management, Software Development Process, Presenting Technical Information, Technical Understanding, Persuasion, Delegation, Foster Teamwork, Problem Solving