Panel Interviews are intimidating but here a few tips to feel more prepared walking into one.
1. Find out who you’ll be meeting then look up their role within the company. You’ll learn a lot about how you’ll be interacting and the type of questions you can expect to be asked. If you’re meeting with peers then the questions will be about team work,if it’s a room of managers then expect to discuss accomplishments and responsibilities.
2. Bring extra copies of your resume.
3. When you sit down,write down the names of the individuals in the order they are sitting,this will help you keep everyone straight.
4. Look at the person who asked the question and respond using their name.
5. Have a question prepared for each individual. Everyone is in the interview for a reason; now use it to your advantage.
6. Take notes during the interview. Follow-up with a personalized thank you note to each individual. This will set you apart from the competition.
Bottom line,companies want to see how you’ll handle stress and present in front of others. A little preparation will go a long way in showing you’re serious about the role and joining their team.