Dw / BI Developer Responsibilities:
Supports business decision-making by designing and developing data warehouse infrastructure, capabilities, and system; mentoring team members.
DW / BI Developer Duties:
- Enhances data warehouse developer team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Determines data requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing business requirements and applications; evaluating existing systems, hardware, and software; defining and analyzing data sources; validating data required; documenting requirements.
- Develops data strategies by establishing integrated architecture and hierarchy; establishing metadata and modeling standards; developing and evaluating logical and physical models; defining ETL strategies, including designing and validating schema; preparing transformation rules, indexing, directories, synchronization, sharing, replication, back-up, retention, recovery, and summarization strategies; mapping data from source to target.
- Analyzes data by defining quality requirements; assessing data quality, availability, and change data capture.
- Implements data schema by developing program, process, procedure, and quality solutions for data acquisition, extraction, cleansing, transformation, integration, loading, and replication; developing filtering, formatting, and data delivery processes to data marts; building SQL code, stored procedures, and triggers; creating views of data structures; documenting system.
- Designs interfaces by developing visualization and access methods; designing application reports and testing.
- Tests data quality by analyzing data integration from all sources; defining load validation, meta data updating, and data integrity processes; establishing quality standards, monitoring systems, and audit and reconciliation processes.
- Maintains database performance by completing SQL performance tuning; supporting system operation cycle; coordinating requirements and actions between applications and operating area staffs; monitoring standards; modifying system documentation; designing and conducting training in data management and transformation.
- Improves database performance by evaluating requests; implementing enhancements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
DW / BI Developer Skills & Qualifications:
Database Management, Software Algorithm Design, Software Development Fundamentals, Research Skills, Operating Systems, Requirements Analysis, Initiative, Data Warehousing, Quality Management, Data Marts, Data Modeling