Cyber Security Architect Duties:
- Comprehends business strategies and market opportunities and develops necessary designs and plans to ensure the program and solutions satisfy those needs.
- Defines reference architectures aligned with IT strategies and technology standards to be reused as Solution Building Blocks for the future.
- Leads and facilitates technical analysis, solution design, and technology domain sessions to drive optimum IT solutions.
- Architects and implements secure, scalable enterprise application solutions to be cloud optimized.
- Works as hands on technical leader on the Solution Architecture team with a good understanding of cloud-native concepts and tradeoffs.
- Collaborate with and leverage other IT specialists as required to support solution shaping and resolve issues. This includes heavy engagement with enterprise architects, program/portfolio managers, teams and senior Leadership.
- Evaluating cloud technologies and services for fit and purpose of use in our application portfolio by evaluating Web and mobile application needs, cost, risk and ability to rearchitect existing solutions.
- Defines reference architectures aligned with IT technology standards to be reused as Solution building blocks for the future.
- Participates and partners with Enterprise Architects as a change agent to drive strategic IT architecture direction.
- Exercises experience and influence to make well informed technology build vs buy, platform and integration decisions partnering with Enterprise Architecture.
- Maintains awareness of IT strategic direction, EA strategies, emerging technologies, software trends, and tools.
- Considers multiple, varied alternatives and recommends appropriate solutions based on cost/benefit analysis.
- Partnership with Enterprise Architecture group and facilitates and supports execution of pilot and or proof of concept activities to validate technology capabilities.
- Represent information following a defined design standard, using a combination of graphical and textual elements. Choose the appropriate type of model or architectural patter to solve specific problems.
- Provides infrastructure capacity recommendations, IT ops support projections for new and containment applications and systems.
- Mentor, coach and guide junior talent to help create a pool of technically strong subject matter experts and pipeline of Solution Architects.
- Tracks and manages component interdependencies.
- Assess and evaluate risks and provide risk mitigation recommendations
Cyber Security Architect Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or related fields
- Cyber Security
- Agile Certification
- Any technology or project management certification is a plus
- Any Cloud or Architecture certification is a plus
- Prior experience working as a Sr. Solution Architect is a plus
- Cloud native development and configuration management platforms is a plus. (Chef, Puppet, Salt or Ansible)
- A minimum of 10+ years of Information technology experience and 1-2 years of solution architecture experience
This is not an entry level role. Expectations are to be onsite in Indianapolis, IN.