CISCO Network Engineer Responsibilities:
The Network Engineer is assigned to a team that is responsible for the network support for the entire computing environment including hardware procurement and deployment, tier 3 system support, project management of deployment and rehab projects, and assigned monitoring and management responsibilities. The role is a member of the IT shared services team that supports a portfolio of privately held companies. This role requires a CCNP (Route/Switching) Certification.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides support for existing Cisco infrastructure deployments
- Installs, Configures, and Manages Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless controllers.
- Monitors IOS versions and schedules updates as required
- Designs, tests, and deploys Cisco Prime templates as required
- Follows and updates process documentation as needed
- Manages projects related to deployment of new Cisco infrastructure
- Documents configuration and monitors various aspects Cisco infrastructure
- Supports ServiceDesk in resolving escalated tickets requiring specific technical knowledge
- Provides tier 3 network troubleshooting and support, including after-hours support
- ITIL based service delivery for Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management, and Configuration Management
- Ability to hold themselves and others accountable to high standards
- Experience identifying and resolving issues independently.
- Demonstrates a solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgement
- Employs Think Plan Do Review critical thinking process for all tasks, large and small Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with information systems
- Courage to take initiative in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to gain alignment with different clients and represent a common point of view across multiple stakeholders.
- Must be confident building business partnerships with various business stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality
CISCO Network Engineer Duties:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 5 years CLI configuration experience with Cisco switches, routers, and ASA's
- Required minimum Cisco Certifications:
- CCNA Security
- CCNP Routing and Switching Certification
- 5 years of experience in WAN technologies and routing protocols to include:
- 5 years of experience configuring Cisco ASA's for:
- IPSEC tunnels
- Cisco FirePOWER
- Client VPN
- Experience with Cisco Prime and Cisco ISE platforms
- Comfortable working in a remote location supporting businesses with a decentralized leadership structure
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed, not to exceed 20%
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Other duties as assigned